Hungarian Comics Association is a group of active civilians and the related Ninth Art Foundation is a legal body dedicated to promote comics culture in Hungary.
- to advocate comics as a unique art form
- to change associations of comics that still prevail in Hungary
- to create opportunities for contemporary Hungarian comics artists and audiences to meet.
What We Do
- We organize events – an International Comics Festival in May each year and a comics fair called Hungarocomix in December.
- We organize exhibitions.
- We support the international presence of Hungarian comics artists and specialists – in cooperation with cultural institutions.
- We support the invitation of international comics artists and specialists to Hungary – in cooperation with cultural isntitutions.
- We hold lectures on comics for cultural institutions, schools, business partners.
- We hold comics workshops for various age groups and level of dedication.
- We support that comics is engaged with in secondary education, we support teachers who use comics in their classrooms.
- We take part in the academic study of comics in Hungary.
- We are dedicated toward the institutionalization of comics in Hungary.
You can contact Eszter Szép, head of the foundation, and Zsófia Demus, member of the board at the following address:
kepregenyszovetseg AT gmail DOT com